Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

What Lovely Weather We're Having

Strange to think that just a few days ago we were all sweltering in our sundresses and dress shirts and now it is raining with a quiet but sturdy conviction. Though the rain doesn't smash heavy at the ground, it stops for nobody. It's a nice change but a sudden one, with a near thirty degree drop in the weather. I like the juxtaposition.

When I was small, the flow and ripples of water always amazed me. Shallow creeks and rivers were my favorite places, just to watch the clear water flow cleanly over rocks. The bends and undulations of the current itself made it seem like multiple streams intertwining as they crept along. The rainwater moves like that now, as well, along the sidewalks of steep streets. As I finally have rain boots (this time last year, I would have been wading along, barefoot), I can splash through them at my leisure, which is quite a delight.

Today I photographed Margaret, partly because I liked her boots and partly because I thought the trench coat was something I thought I wouldn't be seeing until mid-October. She was quite prepared for the weather, whereas I was not prepared to take a good photo, so it came out a little blurry. 



I like the shape of the trench coat anyway, so I'm keeping it!

Ta,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment