Sometimes I get weird when it's really late and school hits me over the side of the head like a cast iron skillet. I get all useless at working and mostly pop bubbles or virtually slice fruit to itsy bitsy pieces on Fruit Ninja. I guess I am apologizing for this post before I post it and while I post it. Surely I will also apologize for it afterwards.
Have I mentioned how valuable the lost art of color-blocking is? Its incomprehensible nature can often elude the sharpest of fashionistas. We'll buy things that come pre-color-blocked or pair otherwise cute colors that, together, look rather odious. So when I see it done right, that's when I like to get a picture. Combinations that generally work for me include:
- Monochromatic Colors
- Monochromatic Colors with different vibrancies (i.e. Chelsea from last week)
- Almost-complementary colors (How good does blue look with yellow? Eh?)
- Multiple, uneven ratios of interesting color combinations.
- Neon/Pastel, although I've yet to see anybody on campus do this...
- And... like Adesewa does here, complementary colors (essentially).
What softens the look somewhat is the peachiness of the blouse (as opposed to loud and bright orange). To me, this works better.
I feel like I am going crazy though, so I must sign off.