Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Graceful Fall

Sorry guys, it's been a hellish week and I believe I've spent more time in bed sleeping off illness rather than spending time in, I don't know, the fashion world... Or school, even. Luckily I find myself on the mend and hopefully ready to get a few great street style shots before Thanksgiving soothes my soul with copious amounts of cranberry sauce and more solitude than I can handle. I will probably knit something... Oh, the horror.

As for a life update, today Joe and I went to a trunk show in Downtown/Hipster Nashville (You know, The Gulch) for a local brand called "Southern Scum." We saw a few of their pieces and designs, met the designers, who were pretty cool, and even modeled a few... Hopefully those pictures will be up very soon. It was an enjoyable experience! Anyways, it was really the first time I'd ever been down there (bursting out of that Vanderbubble) and it was quite a fascinating part of town. Just walking down the street, there was a constant flurry of beards and scarves and thick-rimmed glasses... I felt like I was home.

Back in Vandyland, I was fortunate enough to get one of my favorite street style shots yet yesterday! If you remember Amanda, from the "Pumpkin" post I did in late September/early October (previously "Anonymous"), I ran into her again wearing an adorable mint-green jacket, rust-orange panel boots, vest, and a brilliant paisley tie. The entire ensemble had great employment of color and layering... I was really swept away! I honestly loved this outfit... this just reminds me of why I put out a street style blog in the first place. I know I'm raving at this point... but it's been a hard month... just humor me, guys. Anyways, awesome outfit, I'm happy I got a photo.



Have a great weekend!

Love,

Jenn

P.S. Will update more I promisseeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment