Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Long and Short of It


How to describe the Animal Collective concert... Well, there comes a time amidst the tirelessly undulating, taco-scented masses when you need to hold your head to the sky and take a deep, chilling breath. Think of it as breaking the surface of a lake after a flailing spree from the bottom. Let me tell you, I've been there before, and it's not exactly pretty, but it's pretty much a sure sign of a good time. And, it almost never happens to me when I'm at a Nashville concert. Maybe it just means that Atlanta is full of crazy people. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Animal Collective demolished that show into little, itty bitty pieces of fantastic. It's hard to tell.

All I know is, no experience in the past few months or immediate future can or will compare. Especially because I spent my fall break studying for the MCAT and will likely be swept up in a MCAT related storm for the next few months.

It's like trying to run 26.2 miles when the last time you ran was more than five months ago and your record distance is, like, eight miles. It's pain and despair.

Here, have a street style photo. Now that I think about it, Jalisia's skirt reminds me of the concert in its kaleidoscopic, psychedelic nature... If I turn my head one way I think I can see an erupting volcano on a game board of Candyland. If I turn it the other way, I think I see Satan eating a carrot.


No comments:

Post a Comment